Saturday, July 18, 2009

I finally had shellfish that I Enjoyed

I can't believe that I have never done this before. Last night I had dinner at a shellfish restaurant that grilled shellfish. I have never enjoyed shellfish until last night.

It was in a tiny shack of about 7 tables. Outside were some tanks that kept some giant scallops, clams, sea squirt, abalone, and other stuff that I don't know what it was.

The meal began with a guy bringing yeon tan and putting it in a hole in the middle of a table. A Yeon Tan is an artificial charcoal that is made from petroleum products. He then put a grill in the middle of the table and proceeded to add the shellfish. Before he did all of that though he gave us our side dishes which were some shrimp, a canned peach, some peanuts, and some saucess. Also at the end of the table were some chillie peppers mached up with some garlic and some kind of sauce. That mash up went into a metal bowl with some water, along with scallop and some other shells.

That sauce became an amazing spicy garlicy broth, that simmered away at the table. Along with all of that was a giant scallop shell that had some foil and shredded mozzerella cheese that melted on the grill.

Other shells were added to the grill and were eaten with the various sauces. At the end of the meal we ordered some intant Ramen. The ramen came with some shrimp and other shells in it. This made for a wonderful broth.

I should try this kind of food again except next time take some pictures.

No comments: