Monday, January 31, 2011

TaeKyon Test 2 진주 도동 택견 연수관 심사

First and foremost I would like to welcome the Germans who might view this post. The last time I posted something about Taekyon, I got a few hits from Germany.

I actually have some experience with Germans and the martial arts. In 2001 I competed at the Taekwondo U.S. Open in Las Vegas. I fought against a German guy. I lost very quickly. I guess I was star struck by the event because I didn't really do anything. I just kind of stood there. The German guy, however, succeeded in kicking me in the mouth. There was no serious damage, but the meal at the Chinese buffet afterword was pretty painful.

Last week I tested for my 7th gup or in Taekyon speak they call it a 7th poom (Orange belt..I know I'm wearing a black belt but in Tae Kyon the belt isn't a status symbol it is a decorative piece of the uniform that flaps around and gets in your face.) So I filmed the event.

The Jinju do dong taekyon yeon su gwan still only has one student...me. So the test is just me doing my testing requirement kicks. Enjoy:


No comments: