Saturday, March 13, 2010

An Actual Fun Time in South East Korea

Tonight I went to "Tchaikovski," a ballet performed by the Korean national Ballet at the Jinju cultural arts center. I have never been to a ballet before, and I didn't quite know what to expect, and I confess to being quite moved by the performance.

I knew that ballets generally featured a symphony pit, but I guess when I actually saw I was a little surprised. It was great because you get live music and some pretty badass highly choreographed running and stretching.

It was fantastic. I want to see more stuff like that. That is the kind of thing that provokes creativity, and hats off the the Korean national ballet for coming down to Jinju to do the show. It makes me want to support the arts more. The show was very inspirational.

No comments: