Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Other Jinju Bloggers Need to Step it up a Bit

Fun Times in South East Korea is the largest and least important blog about Jinju. That is why it is so important for the other Jinju bloggers to step it up. I have found two other blogs about Jinju. One is by my friend, called Indie Jinju. He hasn't posted anything in about a month. The other is a new one called Yo Jinju. Yo Jinju looks like it aspires to have important information on it. Meanwhile, if you read five posts on this blog your I.Q. will drop five points. If you fix yourself a nice drink, and read the whole damn thing, you will need to be committed. The alternative would be to get your Jinju information from a foreigner church website. I've been in many conversations with Korean Christians who try to get me to go to their church. They mentinon that there are other foreigners there. Saying that there are other foreigners in a church means that I actually have to understand what all of the god stuff. That is why I still have a small affinity for the Catholic church. Sure the leaders might be rape apologists, but Catholics never bother you to join up. In fact I briefly wanted to go to a Catholic church in Korea when one of my students, an elegant elderly woman, mentioned that the church bazaars at her church frequently sell wine. I suppose I could transform this piece of garbage into something useful, but that would take some commitment that I don't have.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya 3gyupsal. I will be moving to Jinju shortly, so will be keeping an eye on this blog. One question, Are there any weightlifting gyms in Jinju?

3gyupsal said...

Hello Anonymous. There are many weight lifting gyms around town. Some of them are new and some of them are old, but pretty much every dong or myun has a place where you can lift wights. If you send me an e-mail where you will live I might be able to recommend one. Also if you are going to work at a university, you could probably just use the university gym for a lower price than a private gym. But there are enough choices to that could shop around to find what you are looking for.

3gyupsal said...

As a matter of fact. I go to a gym that is next door to another gym.

TheSkunk said...

Thanks for the info 3gyupsal. At the moment nothing is 100%. I have an interview for a school on Monday, so hopefully after that I will know more :)

TheSkunk said...

Thanks for the info 3gyupsal. I have an interview on Monday for a school in Jinju, so hopefully I will know more by then.

The school in question is the Chas English Academy.

3gyupsal said...

I'm not sure. I did a little search for it and I turned up a place in Chojundong. This part of town is newly being developed. There are a lot of new buildings and stuff over there. Down the road a piece is a home plus. On the eight floor of Homeplus there is a sauna and health club. There is also a new suana and health club right in the new town where that hagwon is....if I found the right place. I don't know the name of the fitness club, but in the same building there is something called a kids cafe. It is nearby an elementary school.

Anonymous said...

hey, my name is nailah!!! i am just stopping by to let you know that i enjoy reading your blog and i nominated (awarded) your blog with the LIEBSTER AWARD!!! for more details, please check out my blog post: http://www.themiscellaneousfiles.com/2012/10/my-first-blog-awardthe-liebster-award.html i hope this comment finds you well!!! have a great day and CONGRATS :)

n.harv
www.themiscellaneousfiles.com
themiscellaneousfiles@gmail.com

3gyupsal said...

Thank you Anonymous for the kind words. I've been busy and haven't had any crazy opinions to spout recently. I checked out your blog, and I definitely apreciate your commitment to everything miscellaneous. I'm glad that you didn't use the word "random," because I quite hate it when people use the word "random," as an adjective to mean strange. "I'm just like so, you know random." I hope that your stay in Korea treats you well. I hope that you can keep it together and and leave this country on good terms. (I'm on good terms with Korea, I just want to leave, but I'm kind of trapped here because I don't have any real skills.)