1. Sleep under blankets. Blankets help you keep you warm by helping to retain body heat.
2. Turn on your heater
3. Wear clothes.
4. When you go outside wear a coat.
5. If you live outside, build a fire.
6. Eat cold soup. (I don't know why you should do that, but it sounds good.)
7. Go swimming in the ocean. When you get into the water it will feel really cold, stay in the water long enough to get used to the cold, but not long enough to die of hypothermia. After that go sit in a sauna somewhere or take a hot shower. Or just skip the swim and take a hot shower or go to a sauna.
I hope that other ESL instructors, from the Northern U.S. or Canada can find these tips helpful.