Monday, June 8, 2009

Week 1 complete

Week 1 complete, on my diet. Very satisfied so far. According to "The Instinct Diet," book; I have to follow a more strict diet than what I have been following. This has been a bit impossible due to the availability of some foods and the lack of things like a microwave at school. Nonetheless, here are some positive results.

Weigh in 85 Kilograms. That is down two from last week.

Bright spots on the diet front.

I tried 3 recipes out of the "I diet" recipe section. All were delicious.
The cucumber, tomato salad was simple and great. This is merely a combination of cucumber, tomato, lemon juice beans (recipe called for canned beans but I used cooked and soaked Indian lentils) and then salt, pepper, and oregano really gave this salad a nice zest.

The vegetable lentil soup was also great. This was chicken broth, tomato, lentils, carrots, celery, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and some bay leaf.

And finally Tomato barley soup has also been great. This is broth, tomato, barley, onion, garlic, and fresh basil, with some Parmesan cheese on top. So far this has been my favorite, I had this tonight with an oven roasted sweet potato with some corn on the cob and a piece of low GI toast. That was about 2 hours ago and I am still full.

A sore spot about the diet has been the nightly pain in the ass of making my lunch for the next day. But a bright side has been an abundance of boiled chicken that I have been buying weekly in order to boil to make broth. (Canned Chicken or vegetable broths don't come easily here.) So my lunches have generally been, a half a chicken sandwich with some fruit and a salad. Some times I threw in some apple sauce or yogurt.

But for the most part I have been satisfied up to this point. Yesterday I cheated a bit and went out for sushi. Gff and I have a new favorite sushi place. Yesterday's lunch was a California roll with ten pieces of halibut sushi (negiri is the term I think they use in Japan for it, here it is Cho bob, ie fish with rice on top) Here the flavor is great, the meal comes with a salad, some kimchi, some Japanese pickled radish, shallot, and ginger, side salad, apetiser of some kind of shell fish porrige, and a side of miso soup. All small portions, but it was all only about 8 dollars. Good stuff.

No comments: