Monday, June 1, 2009

Diet Day 1

No, Alcohol for one week, and then after that I have to moderate myself for six weeks. I think that is a good thing.

Here is what I had to eat today.
Breakfast:
Sultana bran cereal with lowfat milk, yogurt, coffee.

Snack, some almonds and apple sauce, washed down with a cup of barley tea.

Lunch half a chicken sandwich with mustard on something from Paris Baggette called "dietary fiber," bread. The stuff is basically white bread that claims to have 13 grams of fiber per slice. There were also some cucumbers involved with lunch.

Snack 2. Some watermelon and Darjeeling tea.

Dinner
a baked sweet potato (excellent number 9 on the dong yang magic panel)
Some steamed tofu (not too bad)
A cucumber tomato salad, recipe from the instinct diet. (This was a great little salad that involved
1 cup cucumber
1 cup tomato
1/4 cup chickpeas (I used Indian Dal)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 table spoon lemon juice
1 table spoon olive oil
some salt and pepper to taste)

I still haven't mastered the art of cooking raw beans yet so the dal was a little crunchy, but all and all it was a nice little salad.

When I tested for my various degrees of black belt, over at Chung's Black Belt Academy in Kalamazoo, Michigan, I would have to do these three day fasts. I'm happy to say that after the first day of dieting, I don't quite feel like that. Instead I feel like I will loose most of my weight from the rigors of preparing my daily breakfasts and lunches the night before. I spent about a half hour tonight chopping fruits and vegetables, and measuring oatmeal.

Today's weight 87 kilograms. This is actually three kilograms less than last summer, but back then I was pumping iron regularly, so I think i just lost some muscle. I feel a lot flabbier these days.

No comments: